Tuesday 24 January 2017

Auchan Romania- Customer journey

Yesterday I ended up at Auchan store in Militari. Really loved the layout of the store with big aisle spaces.

So I had a quick run through the store, bought what I needed and then I went to the checkout. After I waited 5 minutes the lady scanned my goods and handed me a receipt. I wanted to pay and she told me that I must take this receipt and go to a self checkout machine and pay. Stayed at another queue an I have payed. After that you must show the printed receipt to a guard ( yes another queue) who scans it and sees if you paid.

Here is what is broken down with this system. They wanted to do a self checkout system and tried to improvise. I mean look at the ones from UK or Sweden and compare them with the ones in Romania.
You have to stay at 3 queues in order to get out of the store. Think how it is during busy periods, Christmas or Easter.  

Instead of simplifying the customer journey and make it as appealing and fast as possible - we need the shopping to be done first and with none to less wasted time - they went 180 degrees and managed the opposite.


No comments:

Post a Comment